by Ron Holmes
The real estate market has been impacted in 2022 by COVID-19, supply chain disruption, inflation, rising interest rates and, yes, political turmoil. But, both the residential and commercial markets in DFW continue to thrive.
Why is that?
Maybe because six Fortune 500 companies and a total of 176 companies over the last decade or so have relocated their headquarters to DFW? Maybe because DFW has the best three-year job gains in the country since 2019? Maybe because DFW has added more tech jobs in the last few years than any area in the US, other than Seattle? Maybe because DFW is the central US hub for transportation? Or maybe for all those reasons combined? Probably.
I do think we are in a cooling off period that may last a couple of years, but, even so, activity will remain steady. I certainly don’t see a 2008 in the forecast.
The following is a brief summary of representative transactions for which we have served as legal counsel during the last few months:
- Represented the Developer/Seller in a DownREIT conveyance of a self-storage facility in Murphy, Texas to a public REIT.
- Representation of multiple Developers/Buyers of land for self-storage developments in several cities in Texas, Arizona and Florida, and represented the Developers in the development of same.
- Represented the Buyer in the acquisition of freestanding triple net leased commercial facilities in Decatur, Georgia and McDonough, Georgia.
- Representing the Developer in the construction of a 50-story multifamily tower in Austin, Texas.
- Represented the Buyer in the asset acquisition of a DFW Metroplex restaurant establishment with multiple owned and leased locations.
- Represented the Sponsor in the preparation of a private placement memorandum and related documents for the acquisition of a 78 unit multifamily property in Sherman, Texas.
- Represented the Seller in the sale of approximately 360,423 square feet of industrial space in Arlington, Texas, together with loan assignment and assumption.
- Represented the Landlord in the leasing of approximately 140,000 square feet of industrial space in Dallas, Texas.
Yes, we have been busy, but we have the firepower and tenacity to represent you in your next real estate transaction, When It Matters™. You may contact me at 469.916.7700 x105 or via email.
when it matters ™
About Ron Holmes
His real estate law practice is as broad as it is deep. Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel on real transactions all across the United States (more than twenty States), representing public and private companies, both domestic and international, in all manner of real estate transactions, including large scale multi-use land developments and high rise residential condominiums, to acquisitions and sales of operating property portfolios, office, industrial and retail leasing and virtually every other form of real estate development, construction, financing, investing and leasing.Learn more about Ron…