By Ron Holmes –
For reasons I cannot explain, our real estate practice is on fire. During and for some time after the Pandemic, we continued to see steady activity in what I call “meat and potato” transactions (sales, acquisitions, and development in the under $30 million category) and, of course, strong activity in Lease/Financing moratoriums to accommodate distressed Tenants and Borrowers. Not unexpectedly, big deals ($100 million or more) were placed on hold.
Now, the meat and potato deals are far more numerous, and the big deals are back. With bad news around the globe dominating the news cycles, I am left to scratch my head as to the underlying reasons for the greatly increased activity. Perhaps we have become so accustomed to bad news that it no longer tempers our thirst for the next deal? Or, perhaps, notwithstanding all the bad news, we have confidence in our system, our way of life and, therefore, our future so that we move onward and upward despite the headwinds?
We have been busy since our last Newsletter. Below are a few representative transactions we have recently lawyered:
- Represented the Sellers in the sale of various self-storage facilities (some single and some multiple facilities) in Texas and Arizona, recently placing 2 portfolio sales in escrow.
- Represented developers in the acquisition of several tracts of land for development (retail, multi-family and self-storage) in Texas, Arizona and Florida.
- Represented developer in negotiating and documenting a 380 Agreement and a financing of a local retail center.
- Represented developer in the land acquisition and construction financing for three separate multi-family developments in Texas.
- Represented private lenders in real estate loan extensions (including construction) and loan purchases in Texas, Idaho and Oregon.
- Represented land owners in two separate ground leases for retail developments.
- Represented Landlord with respect to a 150,000 square feet industrial lease.
- Represented investor group in the purchase of a Dallas CBD surface parking lot.
- Represented individuals in the purchase of two separate ranches in Texas.
- Represented an individual in the purchase of an iconic farm property in Missouri.
- Represented rancher in estate planning transfers of multiple ranches and mineral, water and wind rights.
- Represented developers in various Zoning and condemnation matters in Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
As you can see, our real estate practice is deep and broad. Next time, When It Matters, you might consider enlisting our services. You may contact me at 469.916.7700 x 105 or via email.
when it matters ™
About Ron Holmes
His real estate law practice is as broad as it is deep. Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel on real transactions all across the United States (more than twenty States), representing public and private companies, both domestic and international, in all manner of real estate transactions, including large scale multi-use land developments and high rise residential condominiums, to acquisitions and sales of operating property portfolios, office, industrial and retail leasing and virtually every other form of real estate development, construction, financing, investing and leasing.Learn more about Ron…