By Ron Holmes
In the words of Sonny & Cher: “And the beat goes on.” Okay, I just dated myself, but, in any event, that old song title is certainly true in this real estate market. You study the statistics, so I don’t need to repeat them here. Yes, there was a little slow down in construction, and that’s not a bad thing.
The really good news is wherever you drive in the DFW area there is construction activity ongoing, across all sectors of the industry. From our perspective, the real estate industry is: healthy. While I am not a certified prognosticator of anything, my perch in the ivory tower of lawyering envisions a continued active, but healthy growth in our beloved real estate market…at least until my next Real Estate Corner.
As for us, we continue to enjoy the good fortune of this healthy real estate market. Set forth below are a few illustrative projects in which we have been involved over the last few months.
- Represented the Owner in the refinancing of raw land for future development in Mesquite, Texas.
- Represented the Owner in the sale of a 35,765 square feet multi-tenant retail center in Midwest City, Oklahoma.
- Represented the Purchaser in the purchase of approximately 9 acres of land in Arlington, Texas for a self-storage facility development.
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition of a 10-story office building in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Represented the Owner in the sale of a restaurant located in McKinney, Texas.
- Represented the development manager of a multifamily project in connection with the acquisition and financing of approximately 20 acres in Bexar County, Texas for multifamily development.
- Represented the Purchaser in connection with the acquisition of approximately 38 acres in Bexar County, Texas for future development.
- Represented the Lender in connection with a loan secured by real property in the State of Washington.
- Represented the Borrower in the refinancing of a strategic freestanding retail building in Addison, Texas