by Ron Holmes
The Fourth Quarter of 2020 was, shall we say, interesting. Our bigger transactions were on COVID-19 pause, while our meat and potato transactions proceeded as almost normal. Some sectors (e.g. self-storage, industrial and multi-family) remained active while others (e.g. retail) came to a near halt.
What will 2021 bring? My crystal ball is broken. Even so, if the Texas migration continues (and by all accounts it will) and as soon as the COVID-19 vaccines are widely administrated, life as we knew it in 2019 should return, barring any disruptive legislation/regulations out of D.C.
Who knows? Perhaps we shall finish 2021 on a high note.
Set forth below are some transactions we recently closed.
- Represented Sellers in the sale of self-storage facilities in Mansfield, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented Seller in the sale of a 10-story office building in the CBD of Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Represented Purchasers in acquisitions of sites for development of self-storage facilities in Goodyear, Arizona and Sachse, Texas.
- Represented West Texas rancher to effect various Estate Planning 1031 exchanges of ranches.
- Represented West Texas farm owners in negotiated eminent domain proceeding for Oncor electric transmission line.
- Represented Developer in the acquisition of an approximately 18.386 acre tract in San Antonio, Texas for multi-family development.
- Represented Developer in construction financing for two (2) multi-family developments in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented Lender in connection with loans for single family lot development.
- Represented Seller in the sale of Dollar General Store in Cleburne, Texas.
- Represented Landlord in leasing of large industrial space in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented Licensee in negotiation of parking lot use license agreement.
when it matters ™
About Ron Holmes
His real estate law practice is as broad as it is deep. Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel on real transactions all across the United States (more than twenty States), representing public and private companies, both domestic and international, in all manner of real estate transactions, including large scale multi-use land developments and high rise residential condominiums, to acquisitions and sales of operating property portfolios, office, industrial and retail leasing and virtually every other form of real estate development, construction, financing, investing and leasing.Learn more about Ron…