by Ron Holmes
There is no doubt, at least from our perspective, the COVID-19 pause is taking its toll on commercial real estate development. The exceptions appear to be single-family lot development and single-family residential construction, both of which continue at a strong pace. I expect the pause to continue until the capital markets rebound and solidify, during which time construction prices might actually fall (that old supply and demand principle). In the interim, I believe all you real estate types are looking for opportunities.
Since our last newsletter and continuing during the COVID-19 pause, we have been fortunate that our clients continue to make it happen, as the following illustrative transactions reflect:
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition of approximately 50 acres in Denton, Texas for single family lot development.
- Represented Developer in the development and construction of 12 residential condominium units at a West Texas golf resort.
- Represented Seller in the sale of approximately 120,000 square foot industrial warehouse and distribution center in the southeast portion of the DFW Metropolitan Area.
- Represented Landlord in the leasing of approximately 121,000 square foot industrial warehouse and distribution center in the I-30 corridor of Dallas, Texas.
- Represented Landlord in the leasing of approximately 13,000 square foot industrial warehouse and distribution center in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Represented Landlords in granting to tenants COVID-19 driven rent deferrals and rent abatements and corresponding loan modifications.
when it matters ™
About Ron Holmes
His real estate law practice is as broad as it is deep. Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel on real transactions all across the United States (more than twenty States), representing public and private companies, both domestic and international, in all manner of real estate transactions, including large scale multi-use land developments and high rise residential condominiums, to acquisitions and sales of operating property portfolios, office, industrial and retail leasing and virtually every other form of real estate development, construction, financing, investing and leasing.Learn more about Ron…