By Ron Holmes
I don’t know about you, but I know a down cycle is coming. Also, just like you, I have no idea when that is going to occur. However, it does not appear a down cycle is in the immediate forecast. Notwithstanding trade tariffs, The Hill turmoil, continuing Middle East issues, acts of God (fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.), and Brexit, our economy keeps on ticking.
So, what have we been up to since our last newsletter? We continue to see solid activity along every spectrum of real estate. Are we waxing or waning? I don’t really know, but it seems we are, at least, consistently steady.
Set forth below are a few illustrative projects in which we have been involved over the last few months.
- Represented the landlord in the leasing of approximately 155,000 square feet of industrial space in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented the landlord in the leasing of approximately 120,000 square feet of industrial space in Hutchins, Texas.
- Represented in the developer in the acquisition of approximately 350 acres in Melissa for single family lot development, along with a MUD.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a 181,490 square feet self-storage facility in Peoria, Arizona.
- Represented the seller of an approximately 172,525 square feet self-storage facility in Plano, Texas.
- Represented the seller in a 1031 Exchange of an approximately 363 unit self-storage facility in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Represented the purchaser of a freestanding restaurant in San Angelo, Texas, together with crafting the restaurant lease and operator agreement.
- Represented the developer in the negotiation and documentation of various development easements with the City of Austin in connection with the development of twin, high rise multi-family towers in the Austin CBD.
RONALD L. HOLMES (AV Rated), Shareholder and CEO
His real estate law practice is as broad as it is deep. Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel on real transactions all across the United States (more than twenty States), representing public and private companies, both domestic and international, in all manner of real estate transactions, including large scale multi-use land developments and high rise residential condominiums, to acquisitions and sales of operating property portfolios, office, industrial and retail leasing and virtually every other form of real estate development, construction, financing, investing and leasing.Learn more about Ron…