Kevin C. Moran has over 13 years of civil litigation experience, successfully representing individuals and businesses in hundreds of legal disputes before trial and appellate courts throughout Texas. While his primary objective is to keep his clients out of the courtroom, when litigation does become necessary, Kevin is an accomplished litigator who has the ability to navigate the many and various complex issues that can arise in civil litigation.
Kevin focuses his practice on complex litigation involving commercial business disputes, breach of contract, securities and finance, anti-trust claims, real estate disputes, property development, construction and lien cases, construction defect, employment disputes and non-compete agreements, breach of fiduciary duty, officer/director liability, partnership disputes, and fraud claims. He also has extensive experience in representing individuals and families in family law matters, including in connection with pre-marital agreements, divorce litigation, high net-worth property division, and high-conflict custody disputes.
Kevin grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, before relocating to Texas in the ‘90s. He is a 2003 graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, where he received his B.A. in Business Economics. Kevin earned his law degree from The John Marshall Law School (Chicago, IL) in 2006. While in law school, he achieved placement on the Dean’s Honor List and served on the Executive Board for The Law Journal.
Kevin is honored to have received the rating of “Super Lawyer, Rising Star,” most recently in 2019, 2020, and 2021, a distinction limited to 2.5% of all eligible Texas attorneys.
Litigation, Arbitration & Appeals
- Representation of individuals and businesses in hundreds of legal disputes in Arbitration and before trial and appellate courts throughout Texas (in both State and Federal Courts), particularly in Collin, Dallas, Harris, Hunt, and Tarrant Counties.
- Successful prosecution and defense of clients, including as lead counsel and counsel responsible for primary case management, in all stages of civil litigation, including in Jury and Non-Jury Trials.
- Extensive experience in pleading practice, written discovery and oral depositions, and motion and oral argument practice prosecuting and defending injunctive, dispositive, discovery, and pre-trial motions/matters.
- Extensive involvement in State and Federal appeals, including briefing and oral argument practice.
- Extensive experience in Mediations and other Unique Dispute Resolution.
- Representation of businesses in a variety of corporate and real estate transactional matters, including in connection with contract preparation and negotiation and closings.
- Due diligence in connection with potential site acquisitions for commercial development.
- Preparation in various business formation and corporate structuring documents and GSA government, commercial loan, and property development contracts.
Professional and Personal Highlights
State Bar of Texas (May 2007)
United States District Court, Northern District of Texas (April 2012)
United States District Court, District of Colorado (July 2018)
The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., Economics, 2003)
The John Marshall Law School (J.D., 2006)
Texas Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Corporation Law Association