Jonathan P. Hernon is a tested trial attorney who has been licensed to practice for just over a decade. Mr. Hernon focuses his practice on litigation involving property/title disputes, breach of contract actions, first party insurance claims, personal injury claims, and DTPA/consumer protection claims.
Mr. Hernon received his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2012.
Earlier, he attended the University of Houston and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications and was named to the Dean’s List his last semester.
Litigation and Representative Experience
- Tried over 30 cases to a jury verdict, sitting first chair, in counties across Texas.
- Named to the Texas Super Lawyer Rising Stars list every year since 2020.
- Draft, argued and won summary judgment in a premises liability claim against Mr. Hernon’s client.
- Experience with real estate litigation, including property/title disputes, fraud claims, mold issues and easement right of way issues.
- Handled a number of issues, including breach of contract claims, and malpractice claims against professionals including Certified Public Accountants.
- Has filed and handled medical malpractice ligation against facilities whose negligence severely injured his clients.
- Taken and defended multiple depositions, including deposing and presenting corporate representatives of major insurers.
- Extensive motion and oral argument practice concerning dispositive motions, including motions for summary judgment, pre-trial discovery, and post-trial discovery.
Professional and Personal Highlights
State Bar of Texas, 2013
United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence 2012
University of Houston, Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Minor in Global Business
Professional and Community Involvement
Dallas Bar Association
Memberships / Affiliations
Mexican American Bar Association