By Ron Holmes
Where to begin?
DFW just claimed the #1 spot in the country for net office leasing. More than NYC. More than anywhere.
DFW is one of the fastest growing data centers in the nation. North Texas has added 750,000 jobs since 2010, and more are created every day. The industrial sector absorbed over 17 million square feet through September 2017 and will close out 2017 with probably 20 million.
Both multifamily and retail continue to look strong for 2018. Uptown, Legacy West and Frisco are bursting at the seams, with McKinney starting to make its move. There has to be an end, but it’s nowhere in sight.
Dallas Commercial Real Estate in 2018?
There is already plenty in the pipeline for 2018. Amazon’s HQ2 continues to draw mega attention. Hoque and KDC’s Dallas Smart District (a 20-acre mixed-use campus in Dallas CBD) is jelling. Hillwood’s proposed 70-story skyscraper is still in the works. Deep Ellum is re-emerging. Dallas Midtown (the Valley View Center redevelopment) is finally kicking off. Hall Arts (a 25-story condo and 183-room Crescent Hotel and Resorts flagged development in the Dallas CBD) should be a reality. Plano is getting its first skyscraper, the 29-story LVL 29. The Katy (a 30-story multifamily skyscraper in Victory Park) is leasing. Globe Life Field (the $11 billion baseball stadium) is under construction.
Of course, there is more, but I’m out of space. What have we been doing since our last newsletter? We haven’t done any $11 billion deals, but we are staying busy, both here and in other parts of the country.
Since our last quarterly Newsletter, we have been privileged to represent clients in the following representative matters:
- Represented Seller in a 1031 exchange of downtown Dallas surface parking facilities.
- Represented non-profit Seller in the sale of an East Texas ranch.
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition of approximately 60 acres of raw land in Burleson, Texas.
- Represented Seller in the sale of urgent care facilities in San Marcos, Texas and Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan.
- Represented Seller in the sale of an approximately 80,000 square-foot warehouse in Arlington, Texas.
- Represented Purchaser in the purchase and lease back of approximately 90 acres in Ada County, Idaho.