Trademarks are often a company’s most valuable and enduring assets. Our Firm provides comprehensive trademark, service mark and trade name legal services for both established and developing companies. The Firm’s extensive trademark law practice encompasses counseling and assisting clients with:
- the development and implementation of marketing, advertising, and branding strategies and programs;
- the evaluation, screening and clearance of potential trademarks, service marks and trade names;
- the prosecution, registration and maintenance of trademarks and service marks in the United States and major industrial/commercial countries around the world;
- the assessment, development and implementation of strategies to police and safeguard clients’ intellectual property interests;
- the negotiation, transfer and licensing of intellectual property rights and interests;
- the evaluation, registration and renewal of domain names;
- the resolution of Internet domain name disputes; intellectual property audit, assessment and due diligence; and,
- the management and maintenance of domestic and international intellectual property portfolios.
The Firm routinely represents clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in state and federal courts in connection with intellectual property disputes. We maintain and manage the domestic and international intellectual property portfolios of our clients and have established a worldwide network of foreign intellectual property counsel to assist us and our clients with intellectual property issues around the world.
Our extensive intellectual property litigation practice encompasses claims of trademark and copyright infringement, dilution of intellectual property rights, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, business disparagement and tortious interference with business and contractual relationships. We have considerable experience with securing and resisting temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions, and securing orders of seizure/impoundment of infringing and/or counterfeit products and other articles.